Ending of Winter Term

Well, it has been a great semester thus far and I’m glad to say it ended with a high note….and me wanting to fall asleep. Finals week was tough for the most part, especially the last day. I had two finals in one day. The whole week was a little hectic and chaotic, but the studying paid off. It will be nice to see the final grades I do not think I have ever used so much declining in one week before. Tip to any incoming freshmen: sometimes it is nice to save your declining for when you really need it. Milkshakes and Chai Lattes are great study aids.

Study Aid
Study Aid

Another tip for anyone in finals week, do NOT sit at your desk all day and study. I did that and was more stressed out than ever. Hanging out with your friends or laying out in the sun for an hour or two will not kill your study schedule.

Destressing with Jacob, Cam, and Collin
Destressing with Jacob, Cam, and Collin

Maybe even doing some volunteering will help lower your blood pressure. Just make sure you get back to the books afterwards. But with everything winding down, it is time to start packing and taking things home. I am bringing everything that I don’t need for Spring term home. It is nostalgic moment. You realize that the year is almost up and that means no more homework. On the other hand, you realize friends are going away for Spring term and you might not see them until the beginning of fall term. Either way, I am looking forward to spring break and my Spring term class, herpetology.

Miriam packing for her Spring term class in Spain

More Spring term classes: https://www.hanover.edu/academics/abroad/mayterm