The Hanover App

Recently, Hanover released an app for iPhone and Android that allows you to stay connected with Hanover. It’s a little shaky right now since a lot of the people (me) that have downloaded it are just learning to use it.

The Homepage of the App
The Homepage of the App

On it you can stay connected with events, challenges, the newsletter, a group or club, and campus services. It also shows the temperature which can be really helpful if your phone doesn’t display the temperature on the homepage or lock screen. There are many different tabs you can access on it such as the campus message board, events, and a profile for you so that anyone who looks can learn more about you. My favorite part right now is the challenges tab. Hanover is sponsoring a game on campus where you search for a treasure chest, “steal it” from other players, and try to keep it the longest or have it at midnight when the game is over. My sorority is really into it and they actually keep stealing it from each other while they’re inside our sorority house.

The Treasure Map and where I am relative to the treasure.

Within the next couple of weeks, I’ll be going to a meeting to learn more about how to use the app for the dance team so that we can make announcements on the app and everyone who has the app or is part of the group can see the announcement. I’ve already used it a little bit to make an announcement on the campus message board to let everyone know about the Ronald McDonald 5K we are hosting in April.

Every once in awhile, there will be little contests to do on the app such as telling your Winter Break plans and winning a t-shirt or by getting everyone within your dorm hall to download the app and join that hall’s group for free food. It’s a great way to get people involved on the app as well as just give us a chance to show our school spirit.

I’m told that when the incoming students come for their LEAP day, they will be given access to the app so that they can see all the goings on on campus. I wish that I could have had the app when I was an incoming freshman since I was dying to know anything and everything I could about Hanover and what there was on campus. I spent countless hours searching the internet about anything that had to do with the dance team since I knew I wanted to join the team. Now the new students don’t have to spend countless hours scouring for even little morsels since they will be able to see every team, group, and club that they can join before they even move in!