Becoming An Alpha Delta Pi

The day that I’d been anticipating since joining my sorority here at Hanover was the day that I officially became a member and am now able to wear the badge that is our symbol. Leading up to “the big day,” my Big Diamond Sister as well as some other members of my sorority left me presents and little notes, which is like the Big reveal week in other sororities.

Gifts from Night 1
Gifts from Night 1

The first day she left me a blanket that she sewed our letters into, t-shirts from some other members, and some painted things for me. The really nice thing is that my sorority waits until we already know who our Bigs are so they know everything about us and if not, they can ask. My big and I are also the same height so she was able to put streamers across my door that I can walk under without disrupting them.

On the second night, she added a painted D, sour patch kids, and a

Night 3
Night 3

canvas that is painted with some words of wisdom regarding my favorite book series, Harry Potter. And on the third night she added a painted Pi, a 2 liter of Coke, and a travel cup that she had painted with our letters, since she knows I drink a lot of water.

On Initiation Day, not only did I get presents from her, I was also blessed to become an official member of Alpha Delta Pi.

The Last Day/Initiation Day
The Last Day/Initiation Day

Not only was I allowed to know the most sacred secrets of the sorority, but I also blessed to become a pin wearing member like the rest of my sisters. My pin isn’t in yet and neither are my other new members’, so we get the privilege of wearing our Big’s diamond pins. For me, being a member is the best thing that has happened to me and my favorite part of being at Hanover. I made sisters for life and know that I am always wanted and welcome at our sorority house. It’s been an amazing process and I am so excited that I have more amazing memories to make.