Where Are You Winter?

Indiana weather is in full swing here at Hanover and it’s easier than ever to see it. Generally in January, the first thing I do in the morning is look out the window to see how much snow there is but I’ve not had to do that since the beginning of the month and there was hardly enough to cancel any of my classes.

As most of us know by now, Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow and so we will have an early spring, but right now, it feels like it’s closer to April than the beginning of February.

Parker Auditorium February 2016
Parker Auditorium February 2016

It’s been a real problem feeling like it’s not a certain season all year, but I feel like this semester, it just doesn’t feel like winter at all. Campus is beautiful all year round, but I think it’s most beautiful when there’s snow on the ground.

The only indication that it’s February (beyond looking at the calendar) is that a lot of students are getting sick, and even some professors. My sorority sent out an email to remind us of some hygiene routines, just so we can keep from getting each other sick. When living in close quarters, in a house or in a dorm, being clean and healthy is key so that we can enjoy the fluctuating weather to its fullest.