A Very Happy Halloween

Hanover College has many traditions, but a favorite among both students and staff is the president’s annual Halloween party. Faculty and their families, as well as student all dress to the nines for this event.

The activities center is full of Hanoverians dressed in their Halloween best!

The party always begins with desserts and other goodies at the president’s house. There are the usual costumes, such as ghosts and witches. But there were a few new ones, like a bag of jellybeans, Cousin Eddie and my personal favorite Lilo and Stich.

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love dressing up in crazy costumes and looking at everyone’s various costume ideas. As a kid, I always dressed up as my favorite Disney character, but one year I went as Elvis Presley. Ever since I was a kid, I loved playing dress up and loved Halloween because it was the one night a year when it was perfectly acceptable to go out looking like a total dork.

My two friends, Celia and Haley, went as a skeleton and as a biker chick.

After desserts with the president, the party moved to the student activities center. There, a band comprised of students and a few professors, called Room for Molly. This band is a favorite in the Hanover community. Several members are some of Hanover’s favorite professors and a few very talented students.

The annual Halloween party is a tradition that many students and staff hope to continue and plan to pass on to all the future Hanoverians. It’s a special time of year where the campus community comes together and celebrates. I just hope the Sanderson sisters never show up to place a spell on us as we celebrate.