One thing I love about Hanover

Hello readers! I am a new student blogger. My name is Asumi, an international student from Japan. I am a sophomore Economics major, Art History minor, and BSP.

During my first year, so many people I met asked me, “How did you find Hanover College? This is a really small college!” Well, no wonder. When I was in high school in Japan, I wanted to go to a small liberal arts college in a countryside, so I used an agency and asked piles of information about good small colleges in the US. Then, I found Hanover from that pile and chose here. That was my story. And actually, that was one of the best decisions I could make. I love so many things I like about Hanover!

One thing I love about Hanover College is that people here are super nice. Like just today, a senior student Shawn Franklin brought cookies he baked for my sorority. That made every single ADPi girl’s day much better!

20151030_131704

I have tons of opportunities to get to know many awesome students like him and faculty members. Each of them make my every single day. I learn a lot from them, and I always think what saw and heard from them can be reflected to my life. One of the things I learned  was being positive all the time. Learning classes in a second language is super duper hard most of the time. (I am not even joking!) Without a help from my friends, or just a kind and positive words from anyone around me, saved me from an emotional break down. I have faculty who always care about students, which is not a common thing in bigger universities. I just love people around me, and I am always willing give something back to them with me being as positive and supportive as they are. Those people are the reason I could stick with all hard classes and being able to push myself harder all the time.