Lynn Hall

The common area of the upstairs dorm area in Lynn

I finally moved back to Hanover today. I am so excited. Instead of living in house this year, I am living in Lynn Hall. Lynn is one of our newest dorms; I will be in the second round of students that has had the privilege of living here. It is almost in the dead center of campus and about a two minute walk from the Science Center (which being a science major, is heapsĀ convenient).

I actually had never set foot in Lynn (after the renovations) until my parents and I moved my stuff it. I was blown away. Personally, I think it is the best place on campus to live. The first thing you notice is the floors. They kept the original gym floor for a chic, historical theme.

This is a currently boring living room. Don't worry, it will not be boring for long
This is a currently boring living room. Don’t worry, it will not be boring for long

Then when you head to the upper floor rooms, the common area is beautiful. There is around twenty couches and chairs surrounding tables. There is also a beautiful atrium in the middle of the room to let in natural light.

I finally find my room and walk into a spacious living room. There are three of us living in my pod. There is a toilet stall, a shower stall, two sinks/mirrors, and two bedrooms. One side of our bedrooms have the original brick from the classic building (this makes is hard for to stick command strips on it, but we will get creative).

This is Katie's single. She has the most beautiful set up. She is so freaking crafty
This is Katie’s single. She has the most beautiful set up. She is so freaking crafty

I have a roommate and our third roommate has a single. She made her room into a common area/bedroom since she has the TV and DVR player in her room. Our common area is a little plain, but we are still waiting for decorations to get shipped to us. Trust me, we will make it awesome.

I am really the only person living full time in our pod (Katie is here when she works two-three days a week and Emily has some stuff moved in but not a lot). I cannot lie, it can be kinda creepy sleeping here alone. However, I am so busy working SWAT (Student Workers of Athletic Training) that I haven’t spent much time here.

This is my room. This is my home (:
This is my room. This is my home (:

I am really looking forward to having all my roomies and the entire floor move in. It looks like it is going to be an amazing year.