Going to sports events in college

My boyfriend Brian playing tennis :)
My boyfriend Brian playing tennis :)

Aside from my softball games this week, I went to watch the tennis match on Saturday. It was definitely a chilly one.

I had practice before the match at 1 p.m., and I was able to get out to the tennis courts around 1:30 p.m. Thankfully, the games were pushed back because they were supposed to start at 11 a.m.

Not only would I have not been able to watch, but it also would have been an even colder start than it already was.

The temperature during the match was around 35 degrees, so it was definitely pretty cold. Living in Indiana, you kinda get used to the crazy weather, though. It is constantly changing and going back and forth around this time of year, so it’s important to be prepared for anything.

So, how did I prepare for the cold weather? I wore leggings, sweatpants, Ugg boots, a long sleeve shirt, a fleece pullover and ear warmers. That cold weather was not going to bring down my mood.

Because I play softball, you may ask why I went to a tennis match on such a cold day. I always like to try and support Panther athletics and my fellow student athletes, and my boyfriend happens to play on the tennis team.

He has come to a few of my really chilly games, so the least I could do is go and watch his matches whenever I can. Although I am still working on learning about tennis and don’t know much about the sport, I find it really fun to watch.

Here’s a little advice: since students get into all the sporting events for free, going to matches, games and meets is a great way to cheer on the school, show your Panther pride and hang out with your friends! Afterwards, you can head over to The Shoebox for some good food and maybe an awesome milkshake. They are always really good.

The Shoebox is the only place on campus where they serve beer for those who are 21. It is usually a popular hangout spot for students around game times and tournament times. Hopefully, I’ll see you at some of the sporting events!