Ten things you should do over Christmas Break

1. Completely nothing. You just finished finals, and you just need to relax. That’s what Christmas break is all about. Sleep past noon. Stay in your pajamas all day. Watch all the TV shows you missed. Use this break to recharge the batteries before you get back to the grind next semester.

I guess you could say I'm a book person
I guess you could say I’m a book person

2. Read a book. Things can get so hectic and busy during the semester, you can forget to do small things. Take some time to crack open a new book and visit a foreign land.

3. Visit an animal shelter. We are so excited to go home and see our families and pets for the holidays, I bet the shelters are deserted for a while. Go give those animals some of the love they are missing.

4. Binge on anything peppermint or gingerbread. Hey, it’s the Christmas season. Go crazy. No one can judge you.

5. Exercise. This time of year is when everyone puts on those unwanted pounds from the delicious holiday food. It also doesn’t help that it’s cold so it makes you not want to go outside. It is good for your health physically and mentally to get in some type of exercise.

6. Go have dinner or drinks with friends. Whether it’s high school or college friends, it’s good to have one-on-one conversations and to catch up. Plus, you can get some great food out of it, so there isn’t really a down side.

7. Go to the movies. There are a lot of great movies coming out this season. I don’t know about you but I am obsessed with movie theaters. I just love them. The dark, the popcorn, the huge screen. It is honestly one of my top-five favorite things.

8. Go caroling. Find somewhere to carol. Get in the holiday spirit. There are bound to be carolers near you somewhere. Let loose and just join in whatever key your heart desires

Going back to last years New Years with an HC alum.

9. Cook something new. Look up some great Christmas recipes and try one out. It doesn’t matter if it ends up delicious or disgusting. As long as you don’t burn down the kitchen, it’s all in good fun. If you need an idea, these peppermint kiss cookies look amazing.

10. Have a great New Year’s Eve. Whether you are having a relaxed night at home with family and friends or out on the bar scene having a wild night. New Year’s Eve is a time to celebrate a great year coming up and deserves to be fun. Make it the best it can be.