Happy Thanksgiving!

Pretty close to the action. WWE is not everybody’s cup of tea, but for us it was absolutely amazing.
Pretty close to the action. Wrestling is not everybody’s cup of tea, but for us it was absolutely amazing.

Hey Hanover! As I sat watching Andrew Luck get sacked and fumble while reminiscing over what a great Thanksgiving break I had, I can only hope you all had similarly fulfilling breaks.

I was lucky enough for mine to start last Monday, when I traveled with 19 of my best friends from Hanover to Indianapolis to attend Monday Night Raw at Banker’s Life. It was truly an awesome experience.

We had a 20-person suite, and there were enough of us that we had the ability start chants that reverberated throughout the arena. It’s hard to describe an experience like Monday Night Raw, because there are few sporting events that rely on that much crowd interaction and participation.

Seeing famous wrestlers in the ring react to what a crowd that you’re a part of is incredible. It’s something you have to see in person to understand.

The rest of my break was a lot of what you might imagine. I over indulged on a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner cooked by my mom and grandma. My stomach is fairly full right now, but my mouth still waters at the thought of that meal.

My Grandma makes the best crescent rolls, just in case you were wondering. Good food, good wine and good football made for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Another highlight of the week was watching men’s basketball win. They knocked off Wooster, who was ranked fifth overall prior to the match up. Watching on my laptop was not quite the same experience as being at Collier Arena in person, but it had to suffice. I’m excited to watch the team again in person when they play Anderson at home this Saturday.

Other than that, my Thanksgiving break was fairly normal. I met some old friends for drinks and played some video games. I also got some work done, shockingly enough.

Working on my senior thesis is not something I felt like doing last week, but what are you going to do?

Overall, my Thanksgiving break was truly excellent. I have so much to be thankful for. Having such a loving family and loyal friends would be more than enough in itself, but I am incredibly lucky to have the life I do. I know many people are not so fortunate.

Now, I’m just excited to be back at school and wrap this semester up. Not that I’m in any overwhelming hurry to graduate, mind you. I’m just psyched to be done with schoolwork, even if it is just for a short time. Yours truly only has eight short days until I come right back home for Christmas break. And one of those days is the FIJI Christmas party. Somehow I’ll manage.

I know. It’s a hard-knock life.