Internships and Business Scholars

One of my group presentations in a management concepts class for the Business Scholars Program.

I have been stressing out a little lately. Thinking about the future is a scary thing.

This year, it’s getting too close to the real world for comfort. I like my little Hanover bubble, and the safety and security it provides. All my senior friends are working on theses and going to interviews, and I’m sitting over here watching my favorite Disney movies.

However, I have begun to look for internships for this summer.

See, I have to have an internship to meet my Business Scholars Program requirements. While this program is adding a little more stress to my life at the moment, I know it will pay off in the long run.

If you are feeling apprehensive about the college and the real world, I would really recommend the BSP. Whether or not you know for sure that you want to do something in the business field or even a little bit business related, this program would benefit you greatly.

Besides the business sides of things, the classes and workshops in this program are designed to teach you what you need to know to get a job: résumé writing, interview skills, dinner etiquette, proper dress for different settings and even how to interact with people.

To learn about the program visit the home page here. But back to me stressing…

I’ve been looking for internships since the beginning of the year and have only found one that really interests me. I know internships are meant to teach you what you do and don’t want to do after college as well as give you experience, but I really really don’t want to be miserable for the summer.

I’ve been told by too many people to NOT, DO NOT just take an internship for the sake of having one. I’ve also been told to try and find one somewhere you could see yourself actually working.

Well, that’s all fine and dandy, but what if I don’t get this internship. I guess it’ll be a “learn from your mistakes” type experience.

Don’t worry, though, internships aren’t the only thing on my mind. Stay tuned to hear about finals week though first it’s an exam for me Monday and then just two classes Tuesday before I can stuff my face with good food and spend time being grateful with family.