The People of Hanover

Hanover College Theatre will perform The Dining Room October 3-5 at 7:30
Hanover College Theatre will perform “The Dining Room” Oct. 3-5 at 7:30 p.m.

Hey guys, it’s me again! I don’t know if you guys have ever read the Humans of New York blog, but I highly suggest that you do. I found it through its Facebook page, and I haven’t been able to stop reading it.

It’s pretty much where the blogger goes up to random people in New York and interviews them, with the understanding that every living person has a story worth telling.

I thought it was just so cool that I’ve decided to try it at Hanover! Hopefully every week, I will be able to post a story of a student or faculty member on this blog. I think it will be a good way for current students to get to know their peers and for prospective students to see what the people who go to Hanover College are like (that means you, high school class of 2015).

I will go ahead and start with interviewing myself, so that my readers can find out a little bit more about me before they get to know the rest of the campus. So, here we go, introducing:

The People of Hanover

The Future: My name is Cara Hoskins; I am an 18 year old freshman at Hanover, and I am from Mount Vernon, Ind. (by Evansville). I plan to major in communication with a minor in either theater, English or Film Studies.

I am very passionate about film because I grew up watching movies that taught me that nothing was impossible and to reach for my dreams. In the future, I want to become a filmmaker so that I can inspire other people to be the best that they can be.

Why Hanover: I decided to go to Hanover because I loved the study abroad and internship programs. It took me a really long time to choose a college because I am the youngest of three siblings, and I am very close to my brother, sister and parents.

I was afraid to live on my own because I knew I would really miss my family. However, someone once told me that I should be courageous and try to do things that scare me. So, I took a leap, and I’ve been loving Hanover ever since.

Involvement: As I said earlier, I really love film. But, I am also very passionate about theater. I participated in theater all throughout high school, and I am proud to be able to participate in theater here at Hanover. I am also the vice president of the Circle K Club, and I am trying to become involved with the Student Broadcast Association and the Archery Club. (PS, Come see Hanover College Theatre’s production of “The Dining Room” this Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

Extra, Extra: There’s definitely a lot of stuff I could put here, but I think the main things about my personality can be summed up in three words: bubbly, ambitious and passionate. I am an extrovert, and I love talking to people, so, if you ever see me around, don’t be afraid to start a conversation!

I also love, love, love New York City. I’ve been there once, and it was the most amazing few days of my life. I hope to live there someday, but for now I make do with decorating my dorm room in anything and everything NYC. I also love old movies, my favorites being “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and “Back to the Future.

Fav quote: “Shoot for the moon; even if you miss, you will land among the stars.”

No one knows: Something that not many people would know about me would have to be that I used to be really shy (I know, I know, it’s hard to believe). Then I started to get involved with theater; something happened, and I haven’t been able to keep quiet a day in my life since.

Well, there you have it: my first People of Hanover blog entry. Now that you know a little bit about me, it’s time for the people reading this and myself to get to know a little bit about others on this campus. So, be on the lookout, because you never know who’ll be on this page next.