The evolution of senioritis

This is for the high school seniors or the ones who want to reminisce about the infamous senioritis. No matter who you are or where you went to school it happens to you. For some of us, it crept up at the end of our junior year, for others, it held off until senior year at the most inconvenient time possible.

In high school, senioritis takes a different form. Personally, my high school let seniors off easy. We didn’t have to attend the last week of school, the week before that we had a week full of senior activities, and the week before that was spent watching movies, playing games or talking amongst each other for an hour and 15 minutes. That’s how I remember it anyway.

2014-calendar-3At Hanover, this isn’t the case. As Dead Week (the week before finals) slowly comes upon us, I am beginning to realize how much work I actually have left to do. So this is what stands between me and spring break at the moment:

1. Final presentation for Business Strategy with our client, the Indiana State Fair Board
  2. A five-page paper for Presidential Rhetoric and Campaigns
  3. A final-presentation for Presidential Rhetoric and Campaigns
  4. A final-paper over the presentation for Presidential Rhetoric and Campaigns

And last but not least,

1. My senior thesis

You see, my senior thesis is a project I should have been working on all year. I mean I had intended to do some work here and do some work there but I’m going to be honest, I didn’t do it. So now, as I sit here writing this post, I am prolonging my procrastination.

I am not alone in this endeavor. I am in a large group of procrastinating seniors who are working hours on top hours trying to finish their theses before the end of the term, while also trying to complete their work for all their other classes.

Can you say miserable?

My wise words to you seniors in high school: Enjoy it now because Hanover will certainly put you in your place when it comes to doing work, but I can guarantee that once I am finished with all this work it will at least have been worth it.