The relief of seeing Winter Break on my calendar

As I looked at my calendar, I thought to myself, “Yay! One week till Winter Break!” Winter break is an entire week off from classes.  I’m excited about it because of the stressful weeks I have been having.

Coffee and note cards: Two things helping me get through midterms week.

Between classes, athletics and a social life, college gets a little overwhelming sometimes (as we all know). So, everyone’s pumped for the break; we are lucky because most colleges only get a day or two, but we get an entire week.

Unfortunately, there is a downside. Since this week is the last week before winter break that means MIDTERM WEEK. Dun, dun, dun.

Midterm week is not fun, obviously. A week of tests, exams, presentations, projects and more. I’ve decided since my brain will take a break next week, I’ve got to hit the books hard. I told myself that I’m going to devote many hours to the library this week; hopefully, I will actually do so because I definitely need the study time.

Although my Winter Break will be a break from classes, the men and women’s basketball teams must stay on campus because our seasons will still be going on. The HCAC tournament will take place during the last week of February.

Even with basketball, I’m excited for the time off, and I will take this opportunity to get a jump start in some of my classes.  I need to check out the syllabus for each of my classes and figure out some things I can work on over the break.

I hope I can find some motivation. It’s not very likely, but it definitely needs to be done so I won’t have to cram like I am currently doing during midterms.

Focus on the end of this week, do what you need to do, even if it means losing out on much needed sleep. Then, take a break and relax next week, but remember, it’s the perfect opportunity to catch up on some work. I will try to take my own advice and do the same this winter break!