Overwhelmed

Crafting aftermath!
Crafting aftermath.

So, this week is super busy for me. Theta just got done with Big Little week tonight and, it’s been a crazy marathon of crafting and frantically shopping online for gifts for our lovely new members. Who knew crafting could be a great procrastinating/ stress busting tool?

I’m an art minor so I take my pieces of artwork pretty seriously, though crafting doesn’t really involve tremendous amounts of individual artistic perceptions. I mean, it’s unlikely anyone from Pinterest would sue for  using their crafting ideas, since many of them post for others’ use.

Big-Little reveal is tomorrow, and I’m so pumped to finally reveal myself to my younger sorority sister (Little). As far as I know she has no clue whatsoever as to who I am, (at least I hope so). I definitely went all out and spent almost all of my last month’s paycheck on her gifts. (She had better love me! Just kidding.)

Studying for my Bio test, My professor makes 'Big Bang Theory' jokes in class on a daily basis too :)
Studying for my bio test. My professor makes “Big Bang Theory” jokes in class on a daily basis, too. :)

Big Little week aside, I have a test in my Hydrology class, a lab practical in my Sedimentary Deposits class and a quiz in my Intro to Biology class, all this week. Yeah, it definitely feels and looks worse than Dead Week (aka the week before finals).

Also, I’ve been sick since last week, so that just adds to the mix of feeling overwhelmed.

I have to have close to 50 rock samples memorized by Friday for my practical. Did I mention how overwhelmed I am?

It does help that I have friends in both my geology classes that I can study with. Our geology professors suggest we work in teams, because most geology career paths involve working in large groups of skilled engineers and field analysts. Plus, it helps us to understand each others learning styles better and makes for a more memorable learning experience.

One of my many geology textbooks.
My graduate-level geology textbook.

The hydrology class I’m in right now is intense and  graduate-level based; we’re actually reading from a graduate-level book that covers involves real-life water budget analyses and situations requiring quick and precise problem-solving responses.

This definitely helps determine whether solving hydraulic equations for aquifer tapping and getting into the nitty-gritty of  hydraulics is a field of interest for  geology majors.

I must say it involves more calculus and mathematical analyses than I would like. However, being exposed to graduate-level courses designed for university engineering programs will help me choose my career path before I commit to a full-time graduate school that specializes in a specific field of geology.

That’s one of the great things about Hanover: being able to gain first-hand experience in multiple areas, such as our very own cadaver lab, working with human simulators that only medical schools take pride in owning, our geophysics/chemistry lab and participating in simulations of the basics of ground hydrology.