The joys of October

Having fun with my friends at The Point. (I'm the one in the pink.)
Having fun with my friends at The Point. (I’m the one in the pink.)

If I could describe my October at Hanover College I would say it was fun, scary, hectic, scenic and exciting. I have taken my midterms, continued to make new friends, went through the crazy process of signing up for next term’s classes, went out dressed as an angel on more than one occasion, walked to classes in very crisp colorful weather (coffee in hand, obviously), and watched one too many horror films with some of the best friends a screaming girl could ask for.

When October began, I was terrified by midterms. I was certain that the rest of the month was doomed because of these tests. Thankfully, I was part way wrong. Midterms were everything I thought they would be.

I studied really hard and did okay, but the fact I had all of my midterms on the same day, one right after the other is enough to frighten any freshman (and possibly any seasoned senior, but who am I to talk.)

Once midterms were over, my month was amazing. Fall is my favorite season, and out of fall, October is my favorite month, so I guess you could say October is one of my favorite times of the year.

Maggie (left) and I (right) all dressed up for the Halloween party :)

Now I don’t love October because of Halloween, that’s just an extra perk, but because of the colorful, crisp weather and golden sunlight. Last year, I didn’t get to experience this weather because I was in Chile.

Even though there were leaves on the ground and very few green things in sight, it was 100 degrees and smoldering weather. Nothing to compare to the beauty of Madison, Ind. As odd as it sounds, I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed trading in my tank tops for cozy sweaters and boots.

Another thing I love about Hanover in the fall, is the fun campus activities. As I mentioned I have dressed up as an angel for more than on occasion for costume parties, and they were all so much fun.

I like to dress up, and I love to be with my friends. My favorite of the parties was the Halloween party hosted by President DeWine. I was asked if I would like to help with the party by serving as one of the students on the voting panel for the costume party and to make sure everything ran smoothly.

It was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again. I went with all my friends and the costumes were so much fun to help judge.