Recap of my weekend? Selfishly talking about my life? Yes. Yes, indeed.

Hello, hello. It’s Nov. 7, 2013, and time is just flying by.

Last week, I told you guys about the beauty of having Halloween in the middle of the week. Well, since that was such an invigorating topic, and I put a ton of effort into my costume this past weekend, I think I’ll tell you about it.

Friday night, I came home to my loving parents who made me a home cooked meal that I haven’t had in who knows how long. I love our cook at FIJI, but nothing says home like Mom’s steak and green beans. Anyway, Friday was calm and a preparation for Saturday’s mayhem.

I woke up around 9 a.m. since my friends from home were calling and texting me, telling me to wake up, and come to BW3’s and eat unhealthy food with them while my Hanover friends were texting and calling me asking why I’m not there.

Me dressed as the non-buff version of Ben Stiller from Tropic Thunder

I scurried around my room, putting things into a travel bag, and tried to come up with a costume while having the guilt of leaving Hanover in the back of my mind. I suddenly had a genius idea come to me when I came across an old fishing jacket in my dad’s closet. I ran up to my room and grabbed a cut off I never wore, put it on and put the fishing jacket over top of it and voila! I had a costume.

A picture says 1,000 words so you’re just going to have to look at the picture to the right because describing it wouldn’t do it justice. After I had my costume picked out, I grabbed some paint just in case people couldn’t identify me as Ben Stiller from “Tropic Thunder,” and also tore up another one of my old t-shirts and used it as a headband.

After I had everything together, and my friends and I ate at BW3’s, we left for the University of Cincinnati. We got to my friend’s apartment and started getting ready really early, as in at 3 p.m., so we had some time on our hands.

We sat around, played video games, went to the various places to eat all dressed up while everyone else was still in normal clothes, and basically just did a whole lot of nothing until about 10 p.m., which was when the party was picking up.

Obviously doing nothing doesn’t sound all that fun, but when it’s with your childhood friends it is. (lol)

Just a few people outside my friend's house at UC
Just a few people outside my friend’s house at UC

Now I heard that Hanover’s Halloween party was pretty fun, and a lot of people went to it, but let’s just say that UC was quite entertaining as well.

At Hanover, I could probably count everyone at the party and be able to keep track (possibly around 250-300 people), but at UC, the streets were lined with people.

The house we were staying at was packed shoulder to shoulder, the basement and dance floor was filled, and the entire outside was filled with people as far as the eye could see.

My friends and I had a blast meeting a bunch of new people, dancing, yelling and whatever else, but at the end of the day, I think about 99 percent of the people I met this past weekend, I won’t ever see again.

At Hanover, every person I would have met, I would more than likely see on campus sometime. And even if I forgot their name, they’d just kindly remind me and all of sudden I would have had a new friend.

All in all, I loved UC and being with my hometown friends, but I’m much more comfortable meeting people that I plan on being close to for the rest of my life at Hanover. Personal preference, but a preference that I choose.