Halloween continues

The pumpkins painted by our hall. I painted the one in the middle.

Ok, so in my last post, I was complaining about how upset I was for missing the president’s Halloween party. I then realized that it wasn’t even officially Halloween yet.

All kinds of Halloween events during this week definitely cheered me up and not just a little bit.

Wednesday night, I went to a Halloween party hosted by File house (File house is one of the theme houses on campus. This year, their theme is writer’s block. If you visit campus, you really should go check out their basement. You will be amazed by how talented they are in not only literature, but also in art).

I am so not a party animal due to the fact of I do not know how to dance. But I really liked the party at File. All I needed to do there was talk to my friends and relax. There was a live band that included two Hanover students and two Hanover professors (They are so good that I think they won the talent show last year).

They also had various drinks and food. Most importantly, they had a pumpkin carving contest. I didn’t stay at the party for pumpkin carving due to the resident hall event I had to attend.

Our RA (resident assistant) bought some small pumpkins, a bunch of paint and also some candies for us to get wild. I have to admit that painting pumpkins is so much easier than carving them. I am the kind of person who lacks art genes, so I always mess up when I carve pumpkins.

But when you are painting pumpkins, you can always find a way to fix your mistakes somehow.

Last, but definitely not least, I finally found some sweets I like: PIXY STIX. If you read my previous posts, you would know that I don’t eat any sweets. So this is a pretty big deal for me, even though they hurt my tongue.

Happy Halloween, everyone.