The many reasons why I love fall

Candy corn, pumpkins, costumes, corn mazes and caramel apples are just a few of the many things I love about the fall season.

Recently, some friends and I went to Cornucopia Farm, which has a variety of activities for people of all ages. When we arrived, the first thing we did was go on a hayride to the pumpkin patch.

My sister and I at Cornucopia Farm.
My sister and I at Cornucopia Farm.

Each person could pick his or her choice of pumpkins. We returned to the barn and played carpet ball. Carpet ball is a one-on-one game where each player tries to knock the other player’s pool balls off the carpet.

Cornucopia also offers a corn maze. This year’s maze is in the shape of pumpkins. There are stations throughout the corn maze where you can answer various questions. There are three sets of questions, so you can choose which set you would like to answer.

The questions consist of Bible trivia, agricultural knowledge and various jokes. Once you have filled your card with all of the correct answers, you can turn your card in for a chance of winning a door prize.

Not only is there a corn maze, a hay ride and carpet ball, but also corn hole, a petting zoo, a tunnel slide, tricycle racing, a straw house and a soy bean maze. The great thing about Cornucopia Farm is that it is located only 30 miles from Hanover College.

Even though Cornucopia had a wide selection of pumpkins, my roommates and I opted to carve Styrofoam pumpkins this year instead of real ones. We are not that great at keeping our dorm room clean, and if we forget to throw these pumpkins out it’s no big deal.

We may not have real pumpkins in our dorm, but the spirit of fall is there with much candy and our Halloween decorations!