Starting the year off right

Week 1. The long weekdays and restless nights have begun once more. Hello again readers. It’s finally come. The time I have dreaded most in my entire college career. I’m a senior.

Of course, I’m excited and happy to be amongst my Hanover brethren once more, but at the same time, I’m almost depressed at the thought that this will be my final year returning to this place I’ve come to call home. But let’s forget the depressing stuff for a bit. This past weekend was quite eventful for all of Hanover and a perfect way to start my senior year.

Every once in a blue moon, Hanover brings a solid band or music artist to come perform. Sure, there are peeps out there that don’t like the bands that come to good ole Hanny, but this past Friday was different. Last Friday, the Campus Activities Board brought in a band called, “The Lonely Biscuits.”

“Who are they?” you might ask. Well, let me tell you. The Lonely Biscuits are an up and coming band that not only rocked the socks off of Hanover students, but were the first music artists to perform in the brand new Withrow Activities Center.

A smaller group, who also happen to be pretty freaking awesome (and also good looking the ladies say), called Great Guys opened for The Lonely Biscuits and got all 288 attendees pumped for the concert.

An awesome shot of the action (photo credit to Emeran Irby)
An awesome shot of the action (photo credit to senior Emeran Irby)

Students were (ahem) patiently awaiting to get inside of Withrow at 7 p.m. I just so happened to be working security and had to tell some really excited ladies to hold their horses and the doors would open soon. Around 7:15, the mob of Hanover students rushed inside where there was free pizza and breadsticks from nearby restaurant Jendy’s, a favorite around here.

At about 7:30 p.m., Great Guys came out and the place erupted with shrieking girls and cheers from the gents. Great Guys really set the mood as The Lonely Biscuits came out around 8 p.m. and the Withrow Center became a jumping, people cheering, laser light show frenzy. Professors, students, friends and all sorts of people from the Hanover community came to see the show, and it’s safe to say they were not disappointed.

When the show ended, both bands signed autographs, took pictures, talked to fans and were just a real class act that you don’t see a lot of nowadays at concerts. Great Guys and The Lonely Biscuits were incredibly classy and respectful, and the Hanover students were just the same. So all in all, it was a pretty solid start to my senior year.

The Lonely Biscuits doing work!
The Lonely Biscuits doing work!

For anyone who is interested in seeing more about Great Guys and/or The Lonely Biscuits, just click on one of the hyperlinks with their name and find the performance here at Hanover at the Campus Activities Board instagram page: @HC_CAB.

I’m looking forward to one last year here at Hanover, and I’ll be sure to keep all of you up to date on all the sha-bangs that come with it. Until next time, my friends.