The school year is a comin’

A new year is about to begin, and I don’t know if I’m excited or sad that I am leaving Kosair Children’s Hospital. I have been interning at the hospital this summer in the government relations, marketing and communications and administrative offices, and I have had the time of my life.

All the different people I’ve gotten to know and work with, and all the things that I have gotten to do as an intern have been very humbling and rewarding. (Meeting Batman was pretty awesome).

Got attacked by Batman at work the other day

But, that being said, I am ready and prepared to start a new school year off right and use the wealth of knowledge I have accumulated over the break to my advantage! I am going to a be a Learning Center tutor in English, and Eurasia and political science this year along with my role in the communications and marketing office this year.

I love working with people and helping them improve their writing skills or whatever it may be will definitely be a rewarding experience.

I haven’t gotten to see much of my fraternity brothers nor have the three amigos (Quincy Robinson, Matt Wehner and I) been united this summer. I am definitely looking forward to more adventures with the crew.

I have a new roommate – Daniel Campbell – who I have not had the pleasure of meeting quite yet. By the looks of his Facebook page though, he’s a baseball player, and I loved, “The Sandlot,” so we should get along just fine!

So, as I say goodbye to a terrific summer of being an adult at Kosair Children’s Hospital, I now get to put my thinking cap on and head on back to school. Wish me luck on the upcoming year, and I wish you all the best.

Thanks for reading,

Gage