Pin your interests

I have always wished I was a little bit more artsy. Ever since I drew my first stick figure drawing, it all went downhill from there. But these past few weeks I’ve been channeling my inner artist, becoming craftier with each pin.

What do I mean by each pin? Well, this little thing call Pinterest has given me all of my ideas and helped me be more creative. Pinterest is a social networking site where your friends can follow your boards. Your boards are where you pin pictures of your favorite activities, new crafts you want to try, an outfit you like, motivational quotes, etc. Basically anything a woman loves, Pinterest has it.

My very colorful birdhouse!
My very colorful birdhouse

For me, Pinterest is a great time-killer. I downloaded the app on my phone for things like car rides, waiting rooms or when I just have nothing else to do. Pinterest is comparable to a magazine, with the exception that you have a multitude of magazines at your fingertips.

So lately, I’ve been typing summer crafts in the search engine to see what I can find. I found a lot of easy recipes, some crafts for kids and some things I wanted to learn how how to do.

My sister, Whitney, who is 23 years old, and I set out to do some crafts, so she went out and bought some small birdhouses, paint and brushes. We had a lot of fun painting our birdhouses with our seven-year-old cousin so we didn’t look like complete dorks doing it.

But hey, a 19-year-old and 23-year-old had a blast painting a couple of birdhouses. Just goes to show you’re never too old to get a little crafty!