To Infinity and Beyond

On a somewhat unrelated note, here is a photo of the 442 project car after it just got media blasted. I am hoping to come home a few weekends this summer from Purdue to work on it.

The school year is ending, people. I am going to be an upperclassman next year, which is strange to think about. This year’s seniors are moving on to bigger and better things, and I like to think I am, too.

I already have big plans for this summer. I applied awhile back for a handful of Research Experiences for Undergraduates scholarships, and lo and behold, I got into one at Purdue University.

It’s a paid research position, and I have recently finished the paperwork to get it to count as academic credit here at Hanover College. Life doesn’t get much better than this.

The only downside to the program is that it starts Tuesday, the 28th, which means I have to move in on Monday, the 27th. This means that I will have only a day at home before I have to leave on my next big adventure (I have to stay at Hanover until Saturday because I am a Resident Assistant).

However, the program ends  July 20, so I will have some time at home before I have to come back to Hanover in mid-August.

On another (sadder) note, today was the last day of Ultimate Frisbee pickup. It was a long game, but a lot of people showed up and we all had the chance to play Frisbee with our two seniors one last time.

One of our seniors is going to join the real world with his new teaching job, and our other senior is going to stick around the Ultimate Frisbee world with his new Ultimate team, the Cincinnati Steamboats (a semi-pro team). It was an honor to get to play the game with both of them, and I want to wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors.

One last end of the year note: this entire blogging experience has been just awesome. If you read my posts (one or all), then thank you. It has truly been pleasure. I plan on joining the blogging staff once more next fall in order to continue what has been a really enjoyable way to express myself. Stay classy, Hanover.