Cheers!

During the May Day festivities at Mary Arden's farm, we were able to craft these wreathes. We also got to witness the abilities of this magnificent owl.
During the May Day festivities at Mary Arden’s farm, we were able to craft these wreathes. We also got to witness the abilities of this magnificent owl.

Means “thank you,” which I had no idea until I heard it about 75 times during my first day in Stratford. This trip is amazing, though I must admit it was rough goings at first, running on no sleep and what have you for what felt like years and then crashing.

So far, we have been here for three days and man, have we seen a lot of stuff. A falconry demonstration, Mary Arden’s home (Shakespeare’s mother) and Holy Trinity Church (his place of worship).

I also learned how to properly celebrate May Day, and zillions of other things. Tomorrow morning classes begin properly, and I can’t wait to hear some guest lecturers. Then Tuesday evening we have our first play to attend as a group.

I have never had so much delicious food and been offered so many cups of yummy teas in my life. This place could win me over easily, and already I find myself hoping that time will slow down.

I have so much to see in two weeks, and while I have already done a bit, there are more platters of fish and chips to be tasted and tons more medieval locations for me to scope out.

This evening was a perfect Sunday in Stratford: we had class in a tea garden and took turns reading/performing sonnets of our choice. With two very knowledgeable professors giving us feedback, we all were successful in bringing the sonnets to life. We finished just in the nick of time too, just as my last classmate finished her lines, the sun set.

One comment Add yours