Prom season

After rushing about all morning it was great to see my little sister all dressed up for a night of fun and dancing!

As all you future Panthers know, prom season is among us. I had completely forgotten about this fun fact until I returned home to my sister’s enormously poofy prom dress.

In my high school days, I went to prom all four years, and still find myself burnt out on the idea. But getting to help my sister get ready was not as stressful as getting myself ready had been. We woke up early, got her hair done, she left to get her make-up done and then the fun part.

She came home, and we put her in her dress, carefully placed her jewelry, fluffed out the layers of her dress and then presented her to our family. A sophomore, we still have two more years of this, but it was so neat to see my usually slightly tomboy-ish sister in a beautiful navy dress.

She walked down the stairs to a chorus of oohs and aahs. After all of that nonsense was done, it was time for a photo shoot to take place on our front porch. Unfortunately, it was rainy and cold outside so there were no pictures taken in the grass or in our backyard. But there is always next year.

Twenty or so minutes of snapping pictures later, it was time for her to head out on her night of adventures. In our town that means pictures at the homes of about 75 people you have never met before, dinner in some town more than an hour away, making your way to the actual dance, rushing home to change into t-shirts and sweatpants, and heading out to post-prom.

I hope when my little sister makes her way home today after the classic post-post-prom sleepover, she will have good news of some prizes won and good times at her first prom!