A final hoorah

Residents of Crowe, Coulter, and Wiley enjoyed their Dead Week study break complete with tacos AND free shirts!

Dead week and finals week were a blur. I vaguely remember staying up late writing papers and reading through vocabulary terms, but for the most part, I was in some sort of trance that allowed me to fight through my senioritis.

I think what helped me get through the week were taking scheduled fun breaks with my friends. Over those two weeks I planned my last CCW Hall Council sponsored event, T-Shirts and Tacos.

This event allowed residents from Crowe, Coulter, and Wiley to take a study break in Crowe Lobby to pick up a free CCW t-shirt and some tacos from Taco Bell. We had really planned ahead, deciding to feature the Doritos Locos Tacos, and we even got bean tacos for those vegetarians among us.

It was all in good planning because we had lots of vegetarians thank us for thinking of them – some clubs order just beef tacos when they host taco themed events.

Also during Dead Week, I took another scheduled break to make my own Dippin Dots. Those frozen little balls of delicious ice-cream? The ice-cream of the future? Oh yeah, they were whipping them up right in our own Science Center.

While my friends and I waiting in line for roughly 30 minutes just to be able to make our own ice-cream, it was definitely worth it! The experience was one I am likely to not have again anytime soon. From what I have learned, liquid nitrogen is something that I wouldn’t feel comfortable experimenting with — the threat of frostbite and all …

Overall, from what I can recall of the craziness of those two weeks, I had a good-time last hoorah at Hanover. Now to get back for a brief three days before jet setting to jolly ole England.

Despite the long wait, my bowl full of chocolate homemade Dippin Dots were definitely worth it!
Despite the long wait, my bowl full of chocolate homemade Dippin Dots were definitely worth it.