Complete mental exhaustion

This week has been miserable. There has not been a single week in my time at the college that has been as stressful as this week. I barely ate, hardly slept, and to the misfortune of my roommates and girlfriend, I rarely showered. Sure, I might say that every Dead Week, but it doesn’t make it any better. Allow me to give you the rundown of what happened this week …

Last Thursday was when it started. I began a paper due for my sociology class. The objective of the paper was to become an expert on an issue related to the criminal justice system and write about it. There were no minimums or maximums on this paper, but I dove in pretty deep, finding ten solid sources, eight of which were law reviews, and wrote a 2,500 word paper.

While sitting in the library I got a text from my mom, whom I haven’t seen since Christmas, and she asked me to text her a picture of me so she could have a more recent one. Sometimes I miss my mommy, but don’t tell my friends.

Study time. Before I started pulling out my own hair and threatening my friends out of aggravation.

Friday was the beginning of my paper for astronomy. We were told to write a research paper about anything, that was at least five pages in length. I chose to write about time travel using wormholes, black holes and near-light speed movement.

It ended up being 3,000 words long, and turned out much better than I had at first hoped. Unfortunately, I did not finish it that night, despite being in the library for at least four hours.

Saturday and Sunday, I took time off from doing work, which I needed in order to complete the marathon of work that would follow in the next three days. (It was another triathlon.) On Sunday, Sigma Chi had elections for non-executive positions for next year; say hello to your new Derby Days chairman!

Monday got me back into the grind of my astronomy paper, as well as a response to a regularly scheduled reading assignment for sociology. Finishing the astronomy paper involved staying up all night. On top of this, rehearsals for summer theatre started, too, so from 6-10 p.m. I was busy as well.

Tuesday I had class from 8 a.m. to noon. This wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t been on zero hours of sleep from the night before. After class, I managed to sneak in an hour of sleep before my next rehearsal.

Tuesday night brought upon the onslaught of my theology final. For this paper, I wrote on the nature of love and how it is misunderstood and abused today. It required me to be up until 8 a.m. the following morning, but the paper turned out quite nicely, if you ask me.

Wednesday, all day, I worked on finishing programming a video game for my computer science class. It was probably the hardest thing I had to do all week, and it was due the following morning, but it ended up getting finished and looking pretty good, too.

I’m ready for Spring Break.