England AND Italy?

While in Philadelphia, I took my Italian friend, Anna, everywhere! I hope I was a good enough hostess that she will show me everything while I visit her in Verona.
While in Philadelphia, I took my Italian friend, Anna, everywhere. I hope I was a good enough hostess that she will show me everything when I visit her in Verona.

I know I have really talked up my upcoming adventures in May, but I have to talk about it just once more before the time gets closer. And this is really for everyone’s benefit, because it can help you get more funding for something you would like to study at Hanover College.

About a month ago, one of my professors sent me an email about the Parents’ Fund Endowment Award for Spring Term study. Basically, what I needed to do was come up with some sort of extra project I wanted to complete, write a proposal, get my professor to submit a letter of approval and wait.

While in England I will have a free long weekend. This means we can travel anyplace we want as long as we are back in time for class Monday night. One of my best friends is going on the trip with me, and we have been going over possible weekend trips for forever.

The problem? We are poor college students, and traveling around Europe can get pricey pretty quickly. The answer to our problems? The Endowment Fund.

I wrote a proposal for the both of us to travel to Verona, Italy, to study medieval and Renaissance era building styles. Oh, and, of course, we are going to visit the Juliet Capulet house.  (Have you seen the movie, “Letters to Juliet?” That place is real, and you better believe I will write her a letter.)

We just found out our project received full funding this week, which means food, travel and tickets are all covered.

Another huge perk of visiting Verona? We have a good friend who is studying there so we will get to stay with her and have a native Italian show us around the beautiful city.

Luckily, when I lived in Philadelphia, I showed her around and was a pretty good tour-guide. I think that means she owes me a grand tour, by which I mean she better take us someplace with delicious food!