Winter is gone?

The first sunny and warm day this week begged for me to walk by the point, and I am glad I did!
The first sunny and warm day this week begged for me to walk by The Point, and I am glad I did.

Well, maybe. I at least am finally allowing myself to believe that it will not snow again.

This weather is definitely not helping my lack of motivation — sunny one day, snow the next, then hurricane-like rains and wind. No thank you. Just go ahead and decide to be spring already.

I want to enjoy the month of April outside, taking advantage of the campus. Oh well, I got to wear shorts and a hoodie today, which either means I have tricked my body into believing it is warming up outside, or it actually is.

Regardless of the weather outside, an intramural sport is taking place inside. Inside Horner to be exact. Every Tuesday through Friday from 7-10 p.m., you can come catch a floor hockey game. And this year? I am definitely on a team.

I never really thought about intramural sports until this year when someone mentioned floor hockey, and my ears perked up. While playing for any of Hanover’s athletic teams is a definite no in my book (trust me, none of you are missing out), I thought this could be fun.

Throwing caution to the wind, I signed up with a team. So far we have had three games, and are set to have another one next Tuesday evening.

We may not be the best, but as long as we are having fun, it does not matter if we win or lose. And besides, we definitely won our last game (but that may or may not be because the other team failed to show up).

With senior year quickly coming to a close, it’s time to really get down to making the best out of all my opportunities, big or small. It’s go time. Time to procrastinate homework enough to spend time with my friends, time to watch my favorite show, walk my favorite path around campus.

I am so envious of all the incoming freshmen, you are getting such a beautiful campus that is making some big changes for your benefit. Don’t make the mistake of missing out on anything!