My Christmas present: the iPhone

This is a screenshot of my  home screen on my new iPhone
This is a screenshot of my home screen on my new iPhone

Hello readers! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I know I did.

What made my holiday season so remarkable you ask? Well, I happened to receive a brand new IPHONE 4S! To many people out there, this isn’t the greatest feat or gift, but as a person who does virtually nothing other than study and read on weekdays, this is amazing.

There are so many apps and gadgets to use. My old phone did three things: make/receive phone calls, text, and take pictures after loading for 3 minutes. So transitioning to the iPhone is like jumping an entire century! The iPhone does pretty much everything you can think of and more.

The camera is the biggest thing I noticed. With my old phone, I rarely took pictures solely because my phone would take forever to load and the quality of the pictures was awful. With the iPhone, pictures not only can be taken with ease, but also uploaded to Facebook, Twitter or any other social network incredibly fast.

As a matter of fact, the picture I uploaded was a screenshot of my home screen that I sent to my email and uploaded to here all within a minute. Not to mention, the quality of the pictures are FANTASTIC.

A lot of people own iPods to listen to music. Another amazing quality of the iPhone is that it plays and holds music in the same way as an iPod. As I’m writing this blog, I’m listening to my iPhone play music. I still haven’t accepted at how amazing this little device is.

The apps that the iPhone has also blow me away. You can check the weather, your calendar and plans, notes, any type of social media, Netflix (which I wrote about in a previous post), and many, many more that I haven’t even discovered! Plus, if you have any problems you have a little helper named Siri.

Siri is a personal assistant built into the phone that can help you by asking her questions. Granted, you can’t ask Siri to do your homework and have her magically do it (I already tried), but if you need help with a function on your phone or want her to find directions to a place, you just ask. It’s actually pretty remarkable that intelligence inside of the phone can process your voice and (within reason) help you find information!

The iPhone has been out for a while and a lot of people already have one, but as a person who doesn’t have a big strength with technology, I’m in awe. The iPhone is an incredible tool that I look forward to using for a long time.

Oh, and by the way, it also makes phone calls if anyone wondered ;)