Christmas #1 complete

A new Vera duffle was the perfect gift, especially with the long break coming up! I love it so much!

Most of us have more than one Christmas or other holiday function we have to attend. Nuclear family, extended family, friends, in-laws, the list of possibilities goes on and on.

I am proud to say that by Dec. 8, I was one Christmas down. My roommates and I had successfully completed the last of our Christmas festivities while at Hanover College.

It was definitely a sad time for us, opening our big gifts and knowing we would never again be doing this in our Crowe suite. At the same time, we knew it would come to this.

We all got great gifts. My enormous Vera Bradley duffle definitely made my day. (Who am I kidding? It basically made my year!) My roommates know me very well.

They each made out with lots of goodies, too. Brittany received a new pair of Sperry’s, and Heather got a new Vera Bradley purse and a Hanover t-shirt. We were all so excited and pleased with our gifts that we all started using them right away.

My duffle is currently packed full of some of my clothes that I will need over break. It seriously fits so much stuff that I even fit in it, and yes I did actually try that.

As a side note, as I was writing this, I thought it would be good to point out that both Vera Bradley and Sperry products are pretty popular on our campus. A lot of girls carry Vera ID key chains, book bags and purses, and have one or more pairs of Sperry’s lined up in their closet. It is always good to know what is popular and what to bring during your freshman year.

This year, we added something extra to our list of Christmas fun. We added a big dinner to our calendar, all planned accordingly. We had a huge turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, corn casserole, dumplings, homemade rolls, pumpkin pie, and who knows what else.

Saturday night my roommates and our guests were all super stuffed. We had spent the whole day in the kitchens across campus cooking our hearts out, but the final products were well worth it. The best part? All the yummy leftovers we have snacked on during finals week! Yum!