The happenings at Hanover

Me and some of my friends at the Business Scholars induction ceremony Nov. 3, 2012

Just when you think things are going to get easier, life surprises you. This past week was an absolute whirlwind — between working on five group projects, sorority responsibilities and social obligations, I have hardly had time to breathe. So when Friday afternoon rolled around, I rejoiced because the weekend had finally arrived.

Friday evening, I headed over to the Campus Center to help set up for the Student Activities Center (SAC) Committee’s event: EPZ in the Orchard. Evil Petting Zoo (EPZ) is a sketch comedy group made up by Hanover students.

I always love watching EPZ perform — and not just because one of my Chi Omega sorority sisters and one of my close friends are in it. The group is absolutely hilarious, performing improv on ridiculous situations and dialogue.

This fast-paced show encourages audience interaction and involvement. More than 70 students came to enjoy EPZ! Students munched on cinnamon twists and sipped apple cider — the perfect fall snacks.

After the show, I returned to the Chi Omega House ready for a relaxing movie night. However, my roommate, Sarah, and I began to coordinate a spontaneous sisterhood event! Four of us decided to head to Hinkle’s in historic Madison, Ind.

Hinkle’s is a local landmark known for its sliders, hash browns and delicious milkshakes. My sisters and I dunked fries into the milkshakes (the first time ever for me!), laughed and enjoyed each other’s company. It was so nice just get off campus, relax with friends and take a break from the stresses of the week.

Saturday morning, I attended the Business Scholars Program induction ceremony. Seniors who had completed their specialized academic internship gave poster presentations about their experiences. It is so beneficial to see what amazing things older members of the program have completed. It makes me very excited for my own internship opportunities!

Hanover College has strong alumni connections, and I know that being a member of the Business Scholars Program will open doors to more networking and post-graduate opportunities.