Stepping it up at Hanover College

One of my favorite movies has to be “Step Up.” Not only do I love the main character in the movie, Channing Tatum, but also the dancing that takes place throughout the movie. When I had the opportunity to experience the step show hosted by our own Hanover team, I did not hesitate to attend.  Believe me, I was not at all disappointed by the performances.

The step show was breathtaking; I was amazed by the music and movements of each performer. Opened by fraternities and sororities from other colleges, each group would organize a skit that included stomping and chanting.

The chants related to historical and cultural themes displayed throughout the Greek life before them. There were several performers from all colleges, but our own Hanover step team was awesome! Watching my peers perform dance routines to fast paced music was a treat for the Homecoming weekend.

Three of the five members of Hanover’s step team!

I was not the only one amazed by the performances of the dancers. Many of the students would stand in their seats, cheering, dancing and chanting along! There were two sororities and two fraternities in the competition.

During each break in the performances, the groups would dance down the aisles getting everyone involved. The groups participate in many competitions and had some moves they wanted to show the students of Hanover College.

Needless to say, I had a wonderful time at the step show. It was nice to see so many students engaged in the show. If you didn’t get to see the show this year, you definitely need to check it out next year.

It was a great way to end the Homecoming festivities.  The only downfall was Channing Tatum was not part of the live performance, but who knows what next year will bring!