International and going Greek, say what?!!!

The Kappa Alpha Thetas running!

I just got back from my sorority run and man, am I pumped! I don’t know how I spent all those hours, from receiving an open bid to tonight, time has passed so quickly!

I don’t know how many times people have told you this already, but Greek Life on Hanover’s campus is really different from the clichés portrayed by the media. I’m mainly talking about movies and books, ahem, “American Pie!”

Even if you do believe they are valid representations, Hanover will make you take a 360, without a doubt! I know it made me, an international student, look at it so differently that I’m actually moving forward in the process of becoming a member of one of the four sororities on campus.

Sororities and fraternities on campus are not just places where you find connections and discover new avenues to social life; they are also places where you make life long friends and are encouraged to be at your academic best.

Not many people know this, but in order to join or be in a fraternity or sorority, you have to meet certain academic standards and show leadership qualities. So, we’re not dealing with a bunch of dummies here, these are group of people excited about their academic goals and futures.

Run Night! Chi Omegas

They not only share the same level of academic goals, but also encourage each other to do so. If you’re into being a confident, sociable and successful person, being in classes and being involved in student activities will help you do that.

However, if you want to take it to the next level, consider being a part of Greek Life on Hanover’s campus. I did, this first semester of my sophomore year, and I can already tell that I’m going to have amazing experiences starting NOW!

Then again, being pressurized into anything is never a good thing. If you do end up liking Greek Life, then give it a shot; if you don’t, hey, upper-class housing on campus isn’t too bad!

Hanover also plans to build a new residence hall this year, and it will be ready by 2014. Being Student Ambassadors on campus, my fellow ambassadors and I have personally had the opportunity to see the various plans for its construction, and let me tell you, it is nothing less than incredible! One of the many amazing Hanover projects I’m excited about.

That’s it for now! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S- This weekend is the Gala, a formal dance event, you will be hearing oodles about it in my next post!