Interested in Pinterest

Half of my crazy craft supplies scattered everywhere for a little bookmark making party.

I will be the first to admit that sometimes I get distracted. Not often, though. I am usually extremely focused on my homework and have about a million lists or the things I want to accomplish.

But every once in a while, especially on the weekends or between projects, you need to take a minute to do something you enjoy. My newest obsession for these small bits of down-time? Pinterest! This website is a collection of all things awesome.

There are many different categories; my favorites are recipes, DIY and animals. Pinterest allows you to save all of your favorite things to your pinboards where you have access to them at all times. My “cute critter” board grows by leaps and bounds everyday.

I also find about seven billion recipes everyday that I think I must pin to my “yummy food-stuff” board. Even while writing this blog, I made a trip over to pinterest to see what was new for the day.

So after about a week of being obsessed with this website and seeing all the do-it-yourself stuff people were doing, I decided to get into a crafty mode with my roommate last night. Basically, I feel like the coolest kid on campus who spends her Saturday night making crafts, but hey, it was a good time and fun was had by all.

We had permanent markers, tape, markers, stickers, cut-outs, tons of paper, you name it, we were crafting it up. At first we thought we would make a calendar, then decided that seemed like too much work and we only hand an hour before “Saturday Night Live” started. Then we decided bookmarks would be the way to go.

So bookmarks it was! I made one for myself, with my initials and one for my other roommate. When it was all said and done I think we created five or six bookmarks, all different sizes and colors and all pretty great looking. I couldn’t even wait for the glue on mine to dry before I had it carefully nestled into the pages of my current Women in Fiction read. It definitely brightens up my book.

I was also tempted to post my bookmark photos to pinterest, too bad I am definitely not crafty enough for such things. Maybe my next craft excursion will make it to pinterest, until then I will happily stay at my amateur level of bookmark creator.