The Silent Killer

Nyquil, Robitussin, Triaminic, Dayquil and Mucinex

So you what’s the worse thing on campus that could slow you down you ask? I think the culprit would have to be sickness (I won’t even give procrastination the satisfaction of being mentioned). I’ve been sick for a week now, and I think it has absolutely been the worst. In light of this here are a few tips and reminders.

One of the best ways to keep from being sick is to stay active. I have a few friends on the softball team who say that they never get sick during the season. I can only assume that this is probably because they stay fit. (I know it’s cold outside and the days are shorter) However, 30 minutes of exercise a day might make a huge difference in your overall health.

Next, of course, should you fall ill remember to get some rest. One of the reasons why colds are so hard to get over for a college student is simply because we’re always on the move. When you get sick you need a second to recuperate. Since sleep is so hard to come by as a student, it becomes a problem. Being sick itself is exhausting.

I think that it is also super important to stay hydrated! (That means drink water not juice or pop) Drinking water and keeping yourself hydrated will help your body rid itself of whatever ails you. Usually in a hospital setting they worry about patients getting fluids first. I personally love the taste of water and drink it often, so this is not something that’s difficult for me.

Lastly, go see Health Services if you don’t have any medicines of your own or if your sickness is severe. I know that some don’t like to swallow pills or like the taste of liquid medicine syrups, but it is necessary to get well. Otherwise, you can almost count on not feeling well enough to attend class or do anything else but sleep.

Comments

comments