Birthday Post!

My new little crab, all ready to make the journey home!

So if you know me at all, you know the one thing I go all out for are BIRTHDAYS. My own, my best friend’s, the dog down the street – if I know it is your birthday you can safely bet I have a plan in the works to make your day the best it can possibly be. If you haven’t already, maybe check out my birthday post from last year, then come back, and you will definitely see some good and bad differences between the two.

Let’s start with my actual birthday. I decided to go home for my 21st birthday as I had heard promises of making it a big deal. You know, Mom making all my favorite foods, taking me to a movie and dinner, blowing out candles on a Dairy Queen ice cream cake, the works.

Unfortunately, I spent pretty much the entire weekend laying in my bed with my cat Wolfie reading for my Women in Fiction class. Not because I was sick or needed to get that work done, but instead it seemed that other things had become more important than my special day.

As my birthday fell on a Sunday this year, after a Wal-Mart run I headed back to campus just in time to spend the last three hours of my day with the best friends ever. They knew I’d had a “not what you expected” birthday and were ready and waiting with hugs and treats. So I ended the night in a happy way.

It was then I decided that the following weekend we would celebrate my birthday right. I got a whole second chance! At midnight Friday, there was the blowing out of theĀ un-lit candles (haha) on my Rice Krispies Treat cake and the eating of turtle brownies. YUM! I already felt like a princess at this point!

All the instructions for caring for the newest addition to your family!

Oh! I can’t forget to mention the AMAZING new sweat pants one of my roomies got me at the campus book store (seriously they are so neat, they include a cheetah print!).

After brunch Saturday, my two roommates and I got into the car and drove to the mall in Louisville. If you are a girl and you love the store Forever 21 you need to make it a point to visit the one in Louisville. It used to be a department store and just wow, I had been warned of its size, and I was still completely overwhelmed.

The mall was amazing and I was even able to pick up a new “pet” to send back home where he will await my arrival in the next week or two. A little hermit crab named Sheldon (because he lives in a shell, haha) who has a black and white cat painted on his shell. You can’t get much better than that!

After the mall, we attempted to find Buffalo Wild Wings to eat dinner, but after our gps gave us the wrong directions a few times, I decided that Chick-Fil-A was a delicious alternative. Indeed it was, I had the spicy deluxe chicken sandwich, which is always amazing. I am always happy to eat at Chick-Fil-A because there are none in the Madison/Hanover area and there certainly aren’t any anywhere near my home in Illinois.

Next, a post on the hectic work load and schedule I seem to have found myself in this semester, but it sure is making time fly!