Everybody Just Look Back

Now that first semester is over, I want to take a second to congratulate those who made it through! It hasn’t been easy but I want to say well done to all of the students here at Hanover College. To those who read the blogs and had a successful first and second quarter in high school, congratulations to you as well. You’re half way through and well on your way to college. I salute you for that!

Now that first semester is over, I encourage everyone to take a look back. Take the time to evaluate where you are in life. As a student it is important to know and understand your strengths and the areas that need work. For instance, if you haven’t learned effective techniques for studying, make sure that next semester you focus on improving. Positive adjusting and change on a personal level is key for success and will help you along the way.

College is particularly stressful and I also recommend just taking a second to look at all the great moments that you’ve had thus far. All of those crazy, fun, random moments with friends and hall-mates not only bring you closer to one another, they also make this whole experience worth it! You’ll find that when you do this there’s a value to college that no one can take away from you. I have yet to be the same since I’ve stepped foot on campus for this very reason.

Most importantly, try to remember to learn from your mistakes, grow and for goodness sake, give yourself some credit for your accomplishments. You can’t go wrong with that!