Spring Term!

I’m sure most of you by now have heard about Spring Term but if you are like me I’m sure you are also wondering what that is. When I came here I didn’t understand what Spring Term was besides a class in May, but what class? Why is it so much fun? How do I get to study abroad? And the questions go on and on.

Luckily, I’ve now been through my first Spring Term and can answer those questions! Spring Term is one intensive course during the month of May. This class is something that should be fun, something you are interested in. Whether that is art, theater, math, psychology, biology, xhemistry, English or any other subject, make sure to like it or be interested in the topic.

This term is a lot of fun for many reasons. Since you only focus on one class, there is (usually) less homework because you only take one course instead of four. There is (usually) less time in class; most classes are two to three hours a day except for a few of the sciences courses that have labs as well so it can be four to six hours.

The class starts later most of the time, so somewhere in between 9-10 a.m. Some classes are even in the afternoon instead of the morning. Adding all of this and the nice weather, Spring Term is a great time of year.

Now this only applies to those who stay on campus, because so many classes are abroad, as well. Many of my friends studied abroad this year; some went to Belize for a tropical biology class, some went to England for a history of math class, some went to the Grand Canyon for a geology class, some went to Turkey, some went to Italy and there are other places as well.

As soon as you have a MyHanover account, you can check what classes are available, so you can know what to take for your Spring Term Class. But don’t worry about that too much, just take my word for it being fun, since Spring Term is about enjoying learning and new topics.

Anyways enjoy your last few weeks of high school and remember to take a deep breath because it only gets better from here!