Damon Williams Visits Hanover

Kaleidoscope, the student multicultural organization, brought Damon Williams to the campus for the second year; it was all part of the Black History Month celebration on campus. He is good friends with Taran McZee, who is the director of multicultural affairs/international program.

Williams has earned national recognition. He has appeared on BET’s Comicview  every year since 1994.  He has also appeared on BET live and  hosted the one of the biggest shows of all time, “Showtime at the Apollo.” He really rose to fame by being the opening act for the show, “Kings of Comedy,in 1999.

In 2000, Williams attended The U Comedy Arts festival, and in 2001, he headlined the Cedric “The Entertainer” Comedy Revue. He has appeared on Comedy Central’s “Premium Blend” and HBO’s “P. Diddy’s Bad Boys of Comedy.” As of right now, Williams is on the Black Comedy tour where he travels to more than 30 college and universities. He writes and produces shows in Illinois, his home state. He also appears weekly on the Tom Joyner Morning Show with “Seriously Ignorant News,” which highlights the stupidity of criminals.

Having Damon Williams on the campus is an honor. Realizing this guy does not have to be here made it more memorable. I know we could not pay him as much as BET and HBO. He kept saying, “yea I’ve been all over the world doing comedy, and for some reason I ended up here at Hanover.” He brought a lot of jokes with him, some I can not say on this blog. However, we did have to agree it was a comedy show and not to take anything seriously.

Damon Williams is one funny guy. He went from making healthy sandwich’s at Subway to traveling to parts of the world that you average American doesn’t go to.

Well I have to leave here and attend our fourth and last event of Black History Month, we are having a presentation on Kara Walker who is a contemporary African American artist. Please excuse me, we had one event that was this past week, but I’m running behind. I’ve been doing a lot of studying lately, so I will post that blog tomorrow. :)