Financial Aid Time!

The Winter term at Hanover has officially begun, and for students, this means a new round of classes and a lot of snow. For me and the rest of my office it means FINANCIAL AID SEASON! It is a pretty exciting time of year because it’s when a lot of students find out that they can come to Hanover because they actually can afford it. If you question whether or not you and your family can afford four years at Hanover, it is absolutely, 100 percent necessary to make sure to file the FAFSA. Be sure to file by March so our financial aid staff can process that information in plenty of time.

I get especially busy in financial aid season because I oversee the art, music and theatre scholarship auditions and portfolio reviews. I love setting up students for more scholarship money, especially if it is for things they love doing. These scholarships also keep the arts strong on campus, and that is good for everyone. Students don’t have to major in art, music or theatre to audition, but they are required to fulfill participation requirements. The dates for auditions and portfolio review are  February 4 – 5, March 11 – 12 and March 18 – 19.  If you have been accepted for the Fall of 2011, contact me to set up an audition or portfolio review. See our scholarship website for more info on each scholarship.