Thankful for HC

Well, if I couldn’t tell already, I definitely am able to realize that I am in the real world as my friends at Hanover are able to enjoy a few days off from school for Thanksgiving break, while I am in Philadelphia, Pa., working at my internship. Even though I am spending this Thanksgiving holiday 700 miles away from my friends and family (my first Thanksgiving away from home), I still am able to count my many blessings.

Here are the top ten reasons why I am so thankful for Hanover College:

10) Financial Aid Packages: More than 90 percent of Hanover students receive some form of financial aid through scholarships, grants and loans. For many, this makes attending Hanover more affordable than it would be to attend a state school.

9) Spring Term: Spring Term is often a student’s favorite time of the year and consists of four weeks dedicated to one class during May. Many students use this opportunity to take a class abroad. There’s also the campus-wide whiffle ball tournament!

8) Access to Madison: Historic Madison, Ind., is only a short 10-minute drive from the Hanover campus. Lined with cute gift stores, coffee shops and restaurants, this is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon with friends.

7) Campus Traditions: From the annual snowball fight to the Halloween party at the President’s house to the Gala, Hanover is full of traditions that are so much fun to take part in!

6) Extra-curricular Activity Opportunities: Students are encouraged to get involved with extra-curricular activities, which provide leadership and personal growth opportunities. Some of the skills students gain through these organizations will be beneficial to them long after their time at Hanover.

5) Off Campus Study Programs: Hanover students have studied outside of the U.S. in Australia, Turkey and Belgium, as well as in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. This gives them the opportunity to study in a new area, meet new people and learn about themselves. When else will you be able to spend three months away from your everyday life? What a great opportunity!

4) Beautiful Campus: Hanover is located in southern Indiana right on the Ohio River and includes 650 acres of land. This gives students the opportunity to get outside and enjoy nature while still on campus. Fall at Hanover is one of the most beautiful places I have been to date!

3) Small Class Size: The average class size at Hanover is 14 students. This allows students to form valuable relationships inside the classroom by interacting with faculty and other students.

2) Challenging Academics: If you look on the Hanover website it says, “At Hanover College, you’ll face academic challenges with a clearly defined purpose: to prepare you for the future.” I couldn’t say it better myself.
Some of the organizations that I have had past internships with have specifically told me that they enjoy working with Hanover students because they know that we will be valuable to their organization because of our education here. It may be challenging, but it is definitely worth it.

1) Friendly People:  I am continuously amazed at the willingness of Hanover students, faculty and staff to help out a friend. Besides that, when you around campus people always stop to chat and say hello as they pass. You don’t get this everywhere!
I hope that you all had a blessed Thanksgiving!