A Penchant for Wizardry

Pre-Premiere.... My brother and I are unbelievably excited. Obviously.

To most, waiting five hours in line for a movie does not sound like an exceptionally spectacular use of time.

Luckily, I am not like most people.

Aside from my incessant love of movies (ask my roommate, Kat Rompf, about the ¬†excessive amount of movies in our room… and my rental sheet where I make people sign them out…) I have a longstanding penchant for wizardry.

The 5 hours worth of a line we waited in... What a fun group of fans!

Having read all the Harry Potter books from their original publication when I was a wee one and been to every single movie premiere at the same theater, I figured traditions must be honored. As such, I purchased two tickets for myself and my youngest brother to attend the midnight showing of the HP7 premiere at the Cinemark Tinseltown near my home in Louisville, Ky.

Hermione Granger and Harry Potter, himself.

After a long day of classes, I drove the 45 minutes to Louisville, picked up my little brother (a future Hanoverian in training, I hope!) and headed off to the theater to wait for our seats. We arrived at 7:00 p.m. to a line of around 40 people, including some close friends from Hanover!

Having been to several premieres, I was excited to see such a great turnout to this particular premiere – Even Dobby and the Sorting Hat showed up. As for my brother and I, we went for the classic Harry and Hermione getup.

Some fellow Hanoverians even showed up! Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Slytherin and Hufflepuff were all represented!

All in all, I was tremendously pleased with my trip to Louisville. I cried and laughed and went home absolutely exhausted. It’s a good thing Hanover is so close to a big city with so many other Muggles… I mean, longstanding wizardry fans like myself.