Installation, half-marathon, McDoogle, and DnD

My art show is almost finished!  (Well, I still have a lot of work to go, but I have one more day to push it further.)  Can’t wait to see it happily installed!  Josh and I are the first two art majors to show this year; next show is Jenn, Erica, and Rodney.  I think Josh’s and my pieces are going to look good together in the space … yay for us!

On a completely egotistical note, through a combination of jogging and brisk walking, I covered eight miles on the treadmill yesterday!  I am still sort of training for my half-marathon April 11.  I figure if I can cover eight miles without feeling like poo, then an extra five shouldn’t be too painful to tack on.

As Nike would say, “Just do it!”  That may not be the best advice when it comes to half-marathons, Nike, but thanks for the encouragement.

Well, back to campus news.  There’s a lot going on this weekend:  a student-written and directed play called “The Highly Improbable Search for Trevor McDoogle” runs all weekend, and Saturday, an event called the Geek-a-Thon is happening.  The “geekier” clubs, such as sci-fi club, anime club, and tabletop club, are sponsoring this smorgasbord of activities.

There will be a Super Smashbrothers tournament and a DnD tournament (I suck at video games, so I apologize if I’m misspelling anything), among other things.  I haven’t been able to go to anime club as much as I would have liked this year, because it’s my senior year and all that entails, but I still plan to pop by for a bit Saturday.

One comment Add yours
  1. Good luck on your art show Carson and I hope I get a chance to dip my hands in some of the fun, I have a lot of homework to do so we will just have to wait and see.