Snow, Snow, Go Away

After our snow day last week Wednesday, I thought that was going to be it for school closings.  But Mother Nature must have sensed my thought, because she hit us with another five inches this weekend.  The roads were covered in snow and ice, and Jefferson County issued a “Level 1 Emergeny.”  This translates into one thought for college students:  snow day!

Now normally, I would welcome a break from my classes. But much as I enjoy them, it’s nice to have a day to catch up on sleep and stay indoors.  After a snow day last Wednesday, virtually no classes Thursday, the weekend, and snow days Monday AND Tuesday, I felt like I was about to go crazy.

My theory is, you can only stay cooped up in the same place for so long before you start to get restless.  Not to mention the mock interview and presentation I had scheduled for Tuesday and Monday (respectively) both had to be moved to Wednesday, today…which also happens to be the day I’m leaving for my real interview in Chicago.

This is actually the second time I’ve had my mock interview rescheduled due to snow shutting down campus.  Luckily, the Career Center has been really great about everything, and I’m sure all this snow is frustrating them as much as it’s frustrating me.  They’re a really great resource for students, and every person I’ve met who works there has been exceptionally helpful.  Check out their website at http://www.hanover.edu/academics/career/careercenter/.

Next on my agenda is  finish packing, leave campus after my classes get out, stay the night in Layfayette, Ind., then drive the rest of the way to Chicago the next day so I can interview at 4:25 p.m.  I should make it back to campus in the early evening Friday.  Therefore, you won’t hear from me again until Monday of next week.  Wish me luck!