Back to the Future (2010)

Hello, New Year!  I am sitting in the Admission basement, typing this up, so  I guess that makes me the first student blogger to post in 2010!  I wish that exclamation mark reflected my current state of mind.  It’s 9:00 a.m. on a Monday, I am still getting used to getting up early, and right now a cup of coffee sounds mighty inviting.

Hmm, what shall the topic of my blog be today?  I could talk about my Christmas break adventures, but I guess those won’t be especially surprising to any of you.  Instead, I’d like to talk about my New Year’s resolutions.

Every year we make these glorious-sounding goals for ourselves, vowing to shape ourselves into better, happier people.  And every year I, like most people, find myself struggling to keep these resolutions.

This year I am determined to get the most out of my winter term.  (The sly reader will notice that this is a purposefully vague resolution…so I won’t have to admit failure if I get lazy.)

Under that broad umbrella of ideas are little possibilities like:  go to the gym three times a week, get more sleep, apply for jobs, make Dean’s List, completely throw myself into my I.S. (Independent Study), go for hikes, take more pictures.  But this all sounds much less overwhelming when I don’t list them individually.  Wish me luck!

Also, my friend Jen is coming to visit sometime this month!  She went to Hanover as well, and we were roommates duing winter term of my junior year.  I can’t wait to see her … she spent the past semester studying abroad in Australia (where I also studied two years ago), so it will be exciting to relive the experience vicariously through her stories and photos.  Not to mention I kinda miss her.

Well, until next time!

One comment Add yours
  1. Good luck on satisfying your new years resolution even I think yours is difficult because it can be hard to get up and go to the gym as well as it is really hard finding a job these days. Carson you are a very intelligent person and I know your will make the best of this semester. This is your last one, you must go out with a bang.